About Dr. Paul M. Friedberg
Dr. Paul M. Friedberg is a native of Lafayette who attended Lafayette High School before the University of Southwestern Louisiana. He completed his doctoral training at the University of Southern Mississippi, with a specialization in School Psychology.
Dr. Friedberg has worked as a psychologist in the Lafayette area since 1995. He has extensive training and experience in school-related problems, including Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/HyperactivityDisorder, Autism, and behavior disorders.
Dr. Friedberg was a consultant to the Lafayette Parish School System for 25 years, and is quite familiar with state and federal regulations, including Special Education and laws dealing with the Americans with Disabilities Act (Section 504).
His Services Include:
- Individual counseling to children, adolescents, and young adults
- Assessment protocols aimed at diagnosing:
- Mental health conditions (e.g. anxiety, depression)
- Behavioral conditions (e.g. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders (i.e. Intellectual Disabilities)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Private evaluations for students thought to be academically/intellectually Gifted
- School-based consultation